The /etc/gss/mech and /etc/gss/qop files
contain tables showing installed security mechanisms and the Quality of Protection (QOP) associated with them, respectively. As security mechanisms are installed on the system, entries are added to these two files. Contents of these files may be accessed either manually (for example, with cat(1) or more(1)) or programmatically (with either rpc_gss_get_mechanisms(3NSL) or rpc_gss_get_mech_info(3NSL)).
The /etc/gss/mech file contains four fields:
- ASCII string representing the mechanism.
- RPC OID for this mechanism.
- Shared library which implements the services provided by this mechanism.
- Kernel module which implements the services provided by this mechanism.
The /etc/gss/qop file contains three fields:
- Name, in ASCII, of this Quality of Protection.
- Numeric value by which RPC identifies this QOP.
- ASCII string representing the mechanism with which this QOP is associated.