The flarcreate command has the following general options:
- Compress the archive using compress(1)
- -f filelist
- Use the contents of filelist as a list of files to include in the archive. The files are included in addition to the normal file list, unless -F is specified (see
below). If filelist is -, the list is taken from standard input.
- Include only files in the list specified by -f. This option makes -f filelist an absolute list, rather than a list that is appended to the normal file list.
- Do not generate hash identifier.
- -R root
- Create the archive from the filesystem tree rooted at root. If you do not specify this option, flarcreate creates an archive from a filesystem rooted at /.
- Do not include sizing information in the archive.
- -U key=val...
- Include the user-defined keyword(s) and values in the archive identification section.
- -x exclude
- Exclude the directory exclude from the archive. Note that the exclude directory is assumed to be relative to the alternate root specified using -R.
Use the following options with user-defined sections.
- -d dir
- Retrieve the section file specified with -u from dir.
- -u section ...
- Included the user-defined section located in the file section in the archive. section must be a blank-separated list of section names as described in flash_archive(4).
Use the following options with tape archives.
- -b blocksize
- The block size to be used when creating the archive. If not specified, a default block size of 64K is used.
- -p posn
- Used only with -t. Specifies the position on the tape device where the archive should be created. If not specified, the current position of the tape device is used.
- Create an archive on a tape device. The outfile operand (see OPERANDS) is assumed to be the name of the tape device.
The following options are used for archive identification.
- -a author
author is used to provide an author name for the archive identification section. If you do not specify -a, no author name is included in the identification section.
- -e descr
- The description to be included in the archive as the value of the content_description archive identification key. This option is incompatible with -E.
- -E descr_file
- The description to be used as the value of the archive identification content_description key is retrieved from the file descr_file. This option is incompatible
- -i date
- By default, the value for the creation_date field in the identification section is generated automatically, based on the current system time and date. If you specify the -i option, date is used instead.
- -m master
- By default, the value for the creation_master field in the identification section is the name of the system on which you run flarcreate, as reported by uname -n. If you specify -m, master is used instead.
- -n name
- This option is required if you are using flarcreate for archive identification. The value of name is used to identify the archive. It is also used as the value of
the content_name archive identification flag.
- -T type
- Content type included in the archive as the value of the content_type archive identification key. If you do not specify -T, the content_type keyword is not