[rancid] High cpu on large configs

nachofw nachofw at adinet.com.uy
Tue Mar 29 13:58:30 UTC 2016

Thanks heasley i will check on the polling advice, as for TAC unfortunately my company doesnt have the budget for that.

Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 10:23:56AM -0300, nachofw:
> It is very inconvinient for my scenario, high cpu causes alerts on the monitoring systems creating false positive alerts. Also on other platforms causes packet loss por example cisco 3k series with large configs

the scheduler should not allow it to cause packet loss.  you should open a
TAC case.

as for monitoring; i would alert on high cpu over a 5 minute or longer
interval, not a single poll.