[rancid] fnrancid not getting full configs for fortigates

Daniel Jacobs daniel.jacobs at doortodoororganics.com
Mon Mar 28 21:12:05 UTC 2016

We have a couple of fortigate devices that we want to incorporate into
our rancid backups. The config file that rancid is ending up with from
the "show full-configuration" command is around 8800 lines and is
missing all of the ipsec and bgp configuration sections as well as
other areas. The full configuration I see when I ssh into the firewall
and run "show full-configuration" and the config I get from
downloading a backup through the gui are both close to 30,000 lines
and have the ipsec and bgp configuration sections.

The version of fnrancid I'm running is from 2015-01-11, and is the
latest one I found. And I'm running rancid 3.2, but the changelogs
didn't indicate anything that seemed relevant to my issue.

Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions?

--
Daniel Jacobs
Senior IT Admin

Door to Door Organics
p: 303.620.5440
DoorToDoorOrganics.com
Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • Pinterest