[rancid] rancid support for Brocade Fabric OS

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Wed Feb 17 10:40:28 UTC 2016

FabricOS is the SAN stuff.  Then there's the network device OS, which is
mostly supported in the foundry/flogin (Brocade bought Foundry years ago).
It varies a bit across devices, at the moment two similar-but-different
code bases are being integrated, but it is superficially the same and
config file is cisco-ish.

I think if brocadelogin/etc is being written for the SAN product line
FabricOS, it should be explicit about that, as otherwise there will be
confusion to anyone coming to Brocade networking in the last several
years, selecting this new brocadelogin, and not realising they actually
want the Foundry stuff.  Call it brocadesanlogin etc?

Jethro.