[rancid] is it possible to strip IPs from email notifications

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Tue Nov 27 18:43:10 UTC 2012

Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 05:30:57PM +0000, Tyler J. Wagner:
> I think it would be easier to pass the outbound emails to a perl script, or
> to procmail, which sends it to a perl script.

indeed, this is the way to do this, or with double aliases (rancid-group alias
through a script that forwards to some other alias for the recipients).  it
keeps the change out of the rancid code and it doesnt remove the info from the
config repository itself.