[rancid] is it possible to strip IPs from email notifications

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Tue Nov 27 17:30:57 UTC 2012

I think it would be easier to pass the outbound emails to a perl script, or
to procmail, which sends it to a perl script.

Regards,
Tyler

On 2012-11-27 16:50, Hinote, Willie Scott. (MSFC-IS40)[NICS] wrote:
> I have used RANCID for a few years in its stock form. As part of a new
> project I have a few requirements that I need to meet. One of them is
> related to stripping sensitive information that will be sent out in email
> notifications. I need to be able to strip IPs from all emails that RANCID
> sends. I would think this is possible by altering one of RANCID’s scripts.
> Has anyone already accomplished this or know the scripts that I would need
> to modify to make this work? Your help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thank you

"When a claim is falsified in science [...], it is discarded. It is put
in the trashbin of bad ideas.  When a claim of religion is falsified,
it becomes a metaphor."
   -- Jerry Coyne