[rancid] is it possible to strip IPs from email notifications

Hinote, Willie Scott. (MSFC-IS40)[NICS] willie.s.hinote at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 27 16:50:03 UTC 2012

I have used RANCID for a few years in its stock form. As part of a new project I have a few requirements that I need to meet. One of them is related to stripping sensitive information that will be sent out in email notifications. I need to be able to strip IPs from all emails that RANCID sends. I would think this is possible by altering one of RANCID's scripts. Has anyone already accomplished this or know the scripts that I would need to modify to make this work? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you