[rancid] is it possible to strip IPs from email notifications

Hinote, Willie Scott. (MSFC-IS40)[NICS] willie.s.hinote at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 27 22:19:02 UTC 2012

I agree that it would be best to leave the data intact for the repository. I would looking for something that occurred after the checkin. I was hoping that there would be a separate RANCID email script that could be modified to strip out the IPs after the data had been diff'd and added to the repository. This would only alter the information that is inserted into the email and not the data itself. If anyone has a similar type script that they are using for other purposes that would give me an idea of how to start that would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I will write a Perl script that will do this. Thanks for the replies so far.