[rancid] Alcatel Omniswitch and Rancid

Chance Delome cdelome at lus.org
Fri Feb 4 17:44:47 UTC 2011

I've edited the last few lines of alurancid to see more of the last entries:

if (!$clean_run || !$found_end) {

        print STDOUT "$host: End of run not found  prompt was $prompt \n";

        printf(STDERR "$host: clean_run $clean_run\n") if ($debug);

        printf(STDERR "$host: found_end $found_end\n") if ($debug);

        print STDERR "$host: End of run not found \n" if ($debug);

        #system("/usr/bin/tail -1 $host.new");

à        system("/usr/bin/tail -3 $host.new");

This is the output from the log:

10.128.1.4: End of run not found

Last Boot Env Sync Time      : 02/03/2011 02:57:08

!A:LFTHEDDR01#logout Connection closed by foreign host.

All commands are being executed as "Last Boot Env Sync Time " is from show redundancy sync.

>From what I can tell regarding the difference between a 7450 logout and a 7750 logout.

The 7750 stays on the same line à A:LFTHEDDR01#logout Connection closed by foreign host.

The 7450 generates a new line à  *A:LFTHEDSW1# logout

                                                                        Connection to 10.128.1.2 closed.

Nick's version of aluRancid has no problems running on 7450s as it runs brillitantly.

Thoughts?

Chance Delome

Chief Communication Systems Operator

Lafayette Utilities System / LUS Fiber