[rancid] Re: Device removal not showing up in the Attic

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Jan 6 19:39:47 UTC 2010

Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 10:58:47AM -0800, Eric Cables:
> This is in regards to device removal while retaining the device's
> configuration, and revision history, for historical purposes in the CVS
> Attic.  In the past I've simply removed retired devices from their
> respective router.db, and they automatically migrated to the Attic.
> Unfortunately I've noticed that recent removals from router.db are not
> showing up in the Attic, and the configurations are nowhere to be found.
>
> I am using CVS and RANCID 2.3.2a8.
>
> Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

if its removed from router.db, it should be cvs deleted and the file
will be removed from the local "checkout" and moved in the repository
from ~ /var/rancid/CVS/group/configs/hostname,v to
/var/rancid/CVS/group/configs/Attic/hostname,v

i suspect you're confusing the repository and the local "checkout" or
youre using some web interface that isnt showing the attic.