[rancid] Re: Howto use backup files ??

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Tue Jan 5 13:17:19 UTC 2010

Andrea,

If you're talking about a Cisco router / switch / firewall, you can go directly to the file structure under {prefix}/var/{name}/configs and you should see the config there.  You can paste the entire file into the device as the !'s are treated as comment lines.  I haven't used viewvc before, but the view option would seem the correct choice.  I've recompiled my RANCID using SVN and use the websvn frontend to view my diffs and download config's using it for customer requests and system failures.

HTH,

-ryan