[rancid] Re: code posting idea

Chris Gauthier cgauthier at mapscu.com
Mon Nov 3 17:53:25 UTC 2008

Lance,

You are right, it is not searchable, but this list is searchable, if we
include links.  The URLs are short, so it shouldn't be too bad.  I do
see value in searching, but, at the same time, I am glad it does not
allow for it.  I've posted code on there in the past while collaborating
that I really was not too interested in sharing with a bunch of other
people.  Thus, I was happy that searching wasn't available.

The source code is open-source, so we could modify and create our own
pastebin-type site or we could contribute to the pastebin project.

Chris