[rancid] Re: code posting idea

Lance Vermilion rancid at gheek.net
Mon Nov 3 18:25:28 UTC 2008

To me the concept of the mailing list is great since you read the
topic and see the output of the discussion including any code changes
needed. splitting them up makes for a challenge if they don't set the
pastebin to keep it forever and we are also dependent on the pastebin
(no matter where it is) being around forever. I keep all my emails so
I search for my stuff locally but once it goes to pastebin I am no
longer able to see code snippets over time in my own local email box.
great idea but those would be my complaints. maybe if mailman had a
plugin or something that would take the code snips and add them to the
pastebin and then update the email with the link before sending out to
the list. now that would be awesome.