[rancid] Re: HP Procurve (hlogin): interaction in configure mode: possible?

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Sat Jan 12 18:08:43 UTC 2008

Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 07:25:49PM +0100, Emmanuel Halbwachs:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I'm a newbie on this list.
>
> I'm happily using rancid (2.3.1, the one in Debian stable etch) for
> several monthes, but till now only for pushing/retrieving some info
> with {c,h}login. I plan to use version control for config later.
>
> My point:
>
> I am trying to change some config parameters in ~50 HP Procurve with
> some commands like this:
>
>   $ hlogin -v foo -e bar -c "conf t; foobar; wr mem" $switch

two things; 1) your string of commands would leave cli in configuration mode,
and hlogin would run "exit;exit" then leaving it at the un-enabled cli.  you
need
	-c "conf t; foo; exit"
2) it appears that hlogin has difficulty with the prompt changing.  A change
was applied to clogin to make this work, but apparently not applied to hlogin.
you should be able to work-around it using the -x method.