[rancid] Re: HP Procurve (hlogin): interaction in configure mode: possible?

Emmanuel Halbwachs Emmanuel.Halbwachs at obspm.fr
Tue Jan 15 13:28:20 UTC 2008

Hello,

First, thank you very much for your answer.

john heasley a écrit (Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 06:08:43PM +0000) :
> you need
> 	-c "conf t; foo; exit"

Yes, you're right, it was missing in my example.

> 2) it appears that hlogin has difficulty with the prompt changing.  A change
> was applied to clogin to make this work, but apparently not applied
> to hlogin.  you should be able to work-around it using the -x
> method.

Well, I tried this as well (I forgot to tell it) and it hangs the same
way:

root at sionet:~# cat ~eh/rancid/rancid-cmd
conf t
sh sys
exit

root at sionet:~# /usr/lib/rancid/bin/hlogin -v foo -e bar -x ~eh/rancid/rancid-cmd switch
switch
spawn hpuifilter -- telnet switch
Trying 145.238.x.y...
Connected to switch.obspm.fr.
Escape character is '^]'.
HP J4899B ProCurve Switch 2650
Firmware revision H.08.60

Copyright (C) 1991-2005 Hewlett-Packard Co.  All Rights Reserved.

                           RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND

 Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions
 as set forth in subdivision (b) (3) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and
 Computer Software clause at 52.227-7013.

         HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY, 3000 Hanover St., Palo Alto, CA 94303

Password:

switch> enable
Password:
switch#
switch# no page
switch#  conf t

-> hang

Error: TIMEOUT reached

I will try rancid 2.3.2a7 to see if it give some improvement on the
subject.

Nevertheless, I am still open to any hint with HP and configure mode
;-)

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs
Resp. Réseau/Sécurité                    Observatoire de Paris-Meudon