Support for clusters

Justin Grote justin at grote.name
Fri Dec 17 23:55:50 UTC 2004

>>Overall, Rancid has shown itself to be very nice, and being able to
>>send commands to all the switches automatically is a big bonus!

Glad you like it. I'm not part of the dev team but it's great to hear
others finding use out of it :)

In regards to clusters (I assume the Catalyst kind), this is something I have considered looking
into but it was never high on my priority list. I'll give it a shot
and let you know what I come up with

I have a subversion patch floating around that lets
Rancid use Subversion as a backend instead of CVS, which is useful if you want to
have multiple rancid agents at different sites that commit to a
centralized repository, want to move/rename a switch and preserve its
history, etc.