Support for clusters

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Fri Dec 17 23:41:21 UTC 2004

Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 05:23:24PM -0500, Chris Stave:
> **one thing I noticed while running a show interface on all of the
> switches was that there was no way to do anything with cluster members
> -- sending an "rcommand 1" does not wait for the new prompt to come
> up, does anyone know of a way to use clogin while addressing cluster
> members, or indeed to add support for rancid's hourly run? my initial
> thought on this would be to add another piece of information to the
> router.db signifying how many cluster members there are and then
> running through the rancid script once for each one

i am not familiar with clusters.  if you wanted that stuff in the
rancid collection, support would have to be added to both rancid an
clogin.  i'd lean toward clogin and just adding a second (third, etc)
router.db entry for cluster members....but, i dont what the interface
looks like.  you'd have to provide examples.