No subject

Joe McCarty jmccarty at scoe.org
Tue Dec 21 01:53:39 UTC 2004

I have installed RANCID on a Fedora Core 2 box.  RANCID can log into my
devices, get the configs, increment versions, and email diffs.

CVSWeb, however, reports while trying to load the
/home/rancid/var/rancid/CVS repository, "Error: No valid CVS roots
found!."  log/httpd/error_log states, "Root '/home/rancid/var/rancid/CVS'
defined in @CVSrepositories is not a directory."

I tried "cvs status -d /home/rancid/var/rancid/CVS group/device_name," and
I'm informed that the device isn't defined.

The CVS directories have been set up by rancid-cvs exclusively, per FAQ
and INSTALL instructions.

Ideas appreciated.

Notice to Recipient:
  Information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and
  protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient, it is
  strictly prohibited to use, disseminate or copy this communication. If you
  have received this in error, please reply to the sender and then delete the
  message.
Thank you.