[tac_plus] regular expression for IP address

Alan McKinnon alan.mckinnon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 20:26:33 UTC 2011

Apparently, though unproven, at 19:43 on Thursday 27 January 2011, Floyd,
Devin did opine thusly:

> Hello,
>

> I have Shrubbery TACACS+ F4.0.4.15 running on a Linux server.  I am
> trying to setup an ACL for a group of users but am having trouble
> getting it to work.  Your website says that the IP addresses need to be
> encoded in the config file using Regular Expressions, but I'm not having
> any luck with getting it to work.
>

> Example:
>
> allow access to IP 10.151.6.1
>

> Following the rules for regular expressions, I'm thinking the IP should
> be encoded as:
>
> 10\.151\.6\.1   or even   ^10\.151\.6\.1$

The second one works, it's what I use on 4.0.4.18 and 4.0.4.19

Syntax exactly the same as your example below. run tac_plus with -d8 -d16, the
logged output should tell you why it's failing

> But neither work.
>

> ex:
>
> acl = ACL-test {
>
>             permit = 10\.151\.6\.1
>
>             deny = .*
>
> }
>

> What should the regular expression be to allow that IP address?  If I
> can get that one figured out, I can finish adding the rest of the IPs.
>

> Thanks for the help,
>
> Devin

alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com