[rancid] RANCID/clogin context-change FWSM/ASA

Christian Filips chr.filips at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:32:06 UTC 2015

Hello to all!

I have the problem to change the context after login into a Cisco FWSM.

This is my clogin-command:

=============

rancid at host:$  /usr/lib/rancid/bin/clogin -c 'terminal pager 0; changeto
context system;sh running-config;exit' asa-address

asa-address

spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l cisco_login asa-address

login at asa-address's password:

Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.

asa-address/admin> enable

Password:

asa-address/admin#

asa-address/admin# terminal length 0

                       ^

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

asa-address/admin# terminal width 132

                        ^

ERROR: % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

asa-address/admin#  terminal pager 0

asa-address/admin#  changeto context system

Error: TIMEOUT reached

rancid at host:$

=============

The timeout appears at nearly 45 seconds.

-

I tried to find out something with the -d option, but it looks ok.

I could post, if useful, the output also.

Other commands are functional, only the context-change has problems.

-

I ran this on a ASA 5585, and it works fine there!

Also for our Switches (without context-change ;-)).

What could be the problem here?

Thanks for help or new ideas!

BR

Christian