[rancid] .cloginrc add method hostname {ssh:-port} for mtlogin/mtrancid?

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:21:34 UTC 2015

Hi,
I dug : http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-January/003604.html

and tried adding that to my rancid (2.3.8 from Debian packages) .cloginrc,

but my mtlogin still tries connecting to port 22 :

rancid at george:~$ bin/mtlogin hostname
hostname
spawn ssh -i /var/lib/rancid/.ssh/id_ssa_for_mt_backup -c 3des -x -l user+ct hostname
ssh: connect to host hostname port 22: Connection refused
can not find channel named "exp6"
    while executing
"expect eof"
    invoked from within
"expect {
	"Connection refused" {
	    catch {close}; catch {wait};
	    sleep 0.3
		expect eof
		send_user "\nError: Connection Refused\n"; wait; retu..."
    (procedure "login" line 71)
    invoked from within
"login $router $ruser $userpswd $passwd $prompt $cmethod $cyphertype $identfile"
    ("foreach" body line 87)
    invoked from within
"foreach router [lrange $argv $i end] {
    set router [string tolower $router]
    send_user "$router\n"

    # Figure out prompt.
    set prompt "] >..."
    (file "bin/mtlogin" line 479)

and so same does rancid-run...

Can I try to teach mtrancid/mtlogin to spec a non-standard port?

Lukasz