[rancid] Re: SSH and Alternate Ports?

Rob Wynne rtw at zcorum.com
Mon Jan 26 14:54:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 14:45 +0000, Barry O'Donovan wrote:
> On Monday 26 January 2009 14:38:43 Rob Wynne wrote:
> > I have a variety of boxes that are running SSH on non-standard ports.
> > Is there a way to have rancid respect alternate ports on a case by case
> > basis?
> >
> > I tried the ~.ssh/config trick, but clogin does not appear to be
> > respecting it for some reason.
>
> If you don't tell us what the 'trick' was, we won't know if we're telling you
> the same thing ;)
>
> The following works for me:
>

> add method      host1.domain.ie {ssh:-2222}
>

>  - Barry

Huh.  Apparently the braces were the important missing bit!  Thanks!

The .ssh/config trick was just trying to use OpenSSH's internal config
ruleset to define the port:

Host somebox.domain.net
        Hostname somebox.domain.net
        Port 5555

Which works from the command line, but not when invoked by clogin.

Anyway, sorted.  Thanks for the assist.

Rob