[rancid] How to extend Rancid. Basics.

Michael Newton mnewton at pofp.com
Sat Aug 1 14:54:33 UTC 2015

I did something up for our Aruba switches a couple of months ago. I'm not a Perl guy but my PHP and regular expressions background was enough to figure it out: https://github.com/miken32/rancid-aruba<https://github.com/miken32/rancid-aruba/>/<https://github.com/miken32/rancid-aruba/>. As you suspect, the modular method is the way that modern RANCID works. If clogin works for your gear then you're one step ahead; you just need to write the Perl module. (Note that even though the Cisco login works, it may not react properly to failure conditions since error messages aren't necessarily the same.) Use an existing Perl module to figure out what's going on, and rebuild to your liking.

--
Michael Newton