[rancid] clogin: not found

'heasley' heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Jun 11 20:39:43 UTC 2014

Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:41:31AM +0200, Manfred Mayer IT:
> Hello John,
>
> I have expect 5.45. In my .cloginrc these switches are configured for autoenable, manually connecting with bin/clogin or bin/hlogin sets me to Enable-Prompt (hostname#).

I only have an 2524 and debian with expect 5.45.  I can not reproduce the
traceback.  if it fails when you run the commands manually, I might be
able to find the problem if you send (to me, not the list, please) the
output of running it with expect debuggin.  z.b.:

hlogin -d -t 90 -c'show version;show flash;show system-information;show system information;show module;show stack;show tech transceivers;show config files;show config status;write term' hostname 2>& debugoutput

> I don't have too many Cisco devices, some only support telnet, these work perfectly. With those that support ssh I have a different problem, as I am unable to login whatsoever by "ssh admin at hostname". I suppose there's an openssh issue as the debug information says:
>
> debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.9p1 Debian-5ubuntu1.4
> debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK
> debug3: load_hostkeys: loading entries for host "hostname" from file "/usr/local/rancid/.ssh/known_hosts"
> debug3: load_hostkeys: loaded 0 keys
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
> Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

Yes, probably a problem with the server.  try -l.