[rancid] Fortigate problem

Skoog, Robert Robert.Skoog at safelite.com
Mon May 20 16:43:58 UTC 2013

The command before it gives this output:

Somefortinethost # get system status
Version: FortiWiFi-80CM v4.0,build0637,120817 (MR3 Patch 9)
Virus-DB: 17.00657(2013-05-19 11:39)
Extended DB: 14.00000(2011-08-24 17:09)
IPS-DB: 4.00343(2013-05-16 00:16)
FortiClient application signature package: 4.343(2013-05-20 01:43)
Serial-Number: FW80CM111111111111
BIOS version: 04000004
Log hard disk: Not available
Internal Switch mode: switch
Hostname: SomeHostName
Operation Mode: NAT
Current virtual domain: root
Max number of virtual domains: 10
Virtual domains status: 2 in NAT mode, 0 in TP mode
Virtual domain configuration: enable
FIPS-CC mode: disable
Current HA mode: standalone
Wifi Chipset: Ralink RT2860
WiFi firmware version: 2.1.3.0
Branch point: 637
Release Version Information: MR3 Patch 9
System time: Mon May 20 12:36:30 2013

SomeHostname #

That Regex matches for this line:
Virtual domain configuration: enable

I tried some longer regexes, but had problems with the output being chunked or something.  If vdoms are enabled the "config global" command is sent if they aren't it just picks up at the next prompt.  While the command currently used by fnrancid work fine without the patch we noticed issues when we tried to also the configuration of a device using a list of commands if the config global was sent by rancid and the device didn't use vdoms.