[rancid] Fortigate problem

heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Mon May 20 16:06:28 UTC 2013

Mon, May 20, 2013 at 03:41:13PM +0000, Skoog, Robert:
> Actually you put up a patch to the mailing list previously which resolves this issue:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rancid/users/6488

thanks; that had been committed.  I missed the difference when I looked at
2.3.8.

> I can't seem to find the post on the shrubbery archives though.  I know the patch resolved my issues when using SSH to connect to fortinets.  I also put up a patch a while ago dealing with devices with and without vdoms.  Devices without vdoms seem not to like having configuration commands sent after the config global command is sent.
>
> http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2013-March/006715.html

what effect does that have when vdoms are not in use?

what is being matched here:
+        expect {
+               -re "tion: ena" { expect -re $prompt; send "config global\r"}
+               -re "tion: dis" {}