[rancid] Cisco ASA in Rancid

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Fri Mar 29 20:00:29 UTC 2013

Check your log files. Timeouts?

You can also do rancid-run -r routername to run rancid on just the one
host, to separate out debugging in the log.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 10:06:16AM -0700, Justin Popa wrote:
>    I've set up a handful of Cisco switches and routers inside Rancid without
>    issue. Unfortunately I cannot get rancid talking to my ASA 5520 no matter
>    what I do.
>    1) I've checked to make sure that the ASA has the IP of the rancid server
>    allowed to SSH.
>    2) I tested sshing to the ASA from the rancid server, which worked as
>    expected.
>    3) I verified the login settings in my cloginrc file, and confirmed the
>    dns name was correct in routers.db.
>    4) I did a "./clogin -u rancidusername -p r3gularp4ss -e en4blep4ss -c "sh
>    ver" [1]thisismyasa.domain.com" which properly returned a "sh ver" from
>    the ASA.
>    However, despite everything looking normal, when I run "rancid-run" I do
>    not receive alerts about rancid being able to connect to the ASA, nor does
>    the config file in /rancidpath/var/corp/configs/ populate with the ASA's
>    configuration file. It does create a file for the ASA in that directory,
>    but it's 0k.
>    Anyone have any thoughts?
>
> References
>
>    Visible links
>    1. http://thisismyasa.domain.com/

Michael W. Lucas  -  mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com, Twitter @mwlauthor
http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/, http://blather.MichaelWLucas.com/
Latest book: Absolute OpenBSD 2/e - http://www.nostarch.com/openbsd2e
coupon code "ILUVMICHAEL" gets you 30% off & helps me.