[rancid] The reoccurring question - Cisco ASA Login failures

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Mar 5 16:03:19 UTC 2013

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013, Danica L Alcaraz wrote:

> We've got TACACS+ (which is not that big a deal) but they insisted on
> giving usernames that had spaces in them

Regardless of the problem with rancid or not, that seems to be decision
that is ripe for producing problems in many areas!

Not that that means applications shouldn't be able to handle it of course,
but it seems somewhat self-inflicted torture when they don't.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.