[rancid] Backing up Brocade devices with read-only user

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Sun Jan 6 16:17:16 UTC 2013

On Sun, 6 Jan 2013, Tobias Brunner wrote:

> For backing up some of our Brocade router we created a special SSH user
> on this devices for rancid:
>
>  username rancid privilege 5 password testpassword

If you do this, then you at least also need to do this:

privilege exec level 5 skip-page-display

> What does this "End of run not found" mean? Rancid is able to log in but
> there seems to be a trouble getting the logs.

It means that it couldn't work out that it had run all the commands and
successfully exited.  If the above line doesn't fix your problem, you'll
need to run in debug mode and capture the session output in a .raw file to
investigate where it is going wrong.

I think my flogin/francid are a bit hacked around, so I'd have to compare
to see I have any other specific relevant changes to current releases of
rancid.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.