[rancid] Backing up Brocade devices with read-only user

Tobias Brunner tobias.brunner at nine.ch
Sun Jan 6 14:41:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

For backing up some of our Brocade router we created a special SSH user
on this devices for rancid:

  username rancid privilege 5 password testpassword
  enable read-only-password testpassword

Login with clogin works as expected. But rancid-run will not work. Here
is what the log says:

  router1: End of run not found 0 || 0
  router1: End of run not found
  Error: TIMEOUT reached
  router2: End of run not found 0 || 0
  router2: End of run not found
  Error: TIMEOUT reached
  router3: End of run not found 0 || 0
  router3: missed cmd(s): show chassis,show module,show flash,show
running-config,write term
  router3: End of run not found
  !
  router4: End of run not found 0 || 0
  router4: missed cmd(s): show chassis,show module,show flash,show
running-config,write term
  router4: End of run not found
  !
  router5: End of run not found 0 || 0
  router5: missed cmd(s): show chassis,show module,show flash,show
running-config,write term
  router5: End of run not found

What does this "End of run not found" mean? Rancid is able to log in
but there seems to be a trouble getting the logs.

Thanks for any help

Cheers,
Tobias

--
Nine Internet Solutions AG, Albisriederstr. 243a, CH-8047 Zuerich
Support +41 44 637 40 40 | Tel +41 44 637 40 00 | Direct +41 44 637 40