[rancid] A little help modifing the cisco scrip

Richey mylists at battleop.com
Mon Feb 20 16:39:11 UTC 2012

I am polling a large number of Adtran TA900 routers with Rancid.   Setting
them up just like a cisco box for the most part does exactly what I need.
The TA900 will spit console messages out during telnet/ssh sessions similar
to how Cisco boxes will if you are consoled into them.   The problem is that
this sometimes causes a router to end up with hundreds of revisions when the
only thing that's different is that the router threw out a message which
caused Rancid to think that it was a change.

So I've been searching and I really can't find the correct Google phrase but
what script would I modify so I can add the command "no events" so that it
would turn off the console output for that session? I figured that if I can
send that command before anything else then I won't see the console event
which will keep Rancid from thinking it was a config change.

Richey