[rancid] Need some Help - F5's in RANCID

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 00:08:22 UTC 2011

On 7/13/11, Lee <ler762 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/30/11, Lee <ler762 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/28/11, Jethro R Binks <jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Lee wrote:
  <.. snip talk about NOPIPE & line width ..>

> [prompt] ~ # bigpipe route static show^M
> No Routing Table Entries were found.^M
> [prompt] ~ # stty cols 160^M
> [prompt] ~ # ls --full-time --color=never /config/ssl/ssl ^M.crt^M
> total 3056^M
>
> that space, carriage return on the echoed "ls --full-time" command
> occurs at column 81.  Even with an "stty cols 160" added to the
> f5rancid commandtable the darn F5 *still* splits the echoed command at
> column 80 when rancid is called via crontab.

Sprinkle enough "s/ \015//;" lines in f5rancid after the "while
(<INPUT>) {" and it works for me now when run from cron  (see attached
patch)

I do not know perl; I'd appreciate it if someone could explain why
"tr/ \015//d;" doesn't get rid of the embedded [space][cr] but "s/
\015//;" does.

It would also be nice if someone could figure out how to change the F5
line width to 160 chars from the default 80.  I think that'd be better
than removing any embedded [space][cr]

Lee