[rancid] Discussion of what is almost certainly a terrible idea

theodoros sarikoudis sarikoudis at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 23 08:42:35 UTC 2011

The only issue is a modification on the ping command

Install cygwin with gcc
download and untar rancid sources
run (from untar directory ) the standard:
./configure
install any missing components from the ./configure output
then run :
make
report if you get any errors.
(I used rancid from 2005 on cygwin till now. I got also the same
answer: we are a windows shop!)