[rancid] [c-nsp] rancid and inventory with "^"

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Fri Sep 10 08:58:09 UTC 2010

Hi.

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 10:01, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou
<achatz at forthnet.gr> wrote:
> I believe i'm talking about a different issue.
> In my case it's like rancid's parser cuts randomly a part of the inventory
> whenever a string with "^" is met.
> I have checked the cli output and this doesn't change.

I've noticed the same on GSR's, and it's quite annoying. So annoying
that I created a patch for it. While at it, I also did some other
changes getting a more structured output.

Note: I've *not* checked that my patch functions against every
combination of Cisco platform and version. If works fine on what's in
my lab though.

--
Pelle

RFC1925, truth 11:
 Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and
 a different presentation, regardless of whether it works.