[rancid] Not working rancid with Cisco without enable.

Aleksey P paleola at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 14:53:34 UTC 2010

Hello. I can't understand why rancid didn't work with Cisco Routers
(Switches) without enable password!?
OS - FreeBSD
Here some of config:
/usr/local/libexec/rancid]# vi /usr/local/etc/rancid/.cloginrc
add noenable 1
#add autoenable 1
add user username
add password password
add method ssh

Trying /usr/local/libexec/rancid/clogin -t 90 -c"show configuration"
All work just fine - no enable promt - show configuration - that is all we

 /usr/local/libexec/rancid/clogin -t 90 -c"show configuration"
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l username
username at's password:

Router>terminal length 0
Router>>show configuration
here we see our config

Connection to closed.

But if i run rancid-run in my logs i will see:

Trying to get all of the configs. missed cmd(s): show configuration End of run not found
Getting missed routers: round 1. missed cmd(s): show configuration End of run not found

I can't understand why it works like this.
Help me if u can :)