[rancid] Rancid with Fortigate VDOM

Mina Eskander meskander at perimeterwatch.com
Tue Jan 12 20:49:32 UTC 2010

I finally got rancid working with some of my fortigates courtesy of Diego Ercolani patch
http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-June/004005.html

now one of my firewalls uses VDOM so for me to get the full configuration I need to type in the command config global before the show full-configuration command
I tried to edit the fnrancid script that Diego wrote by creating a dummy function (maybe it shouldn't be a dummy function, but I'm not sure what to put in it

sub GetGlobal {
    print STDERR "    In GetGlobal: $_" if ($debug);
    return(0);
}

And then I modified the command table as follows using the function from above
@commandtable = (
        {'get system status'    => 'GetSystem'},
        {'config global'                => 'GetGlobal'},
        {'show full-configuration'              => 'GetConf'}
);

When I run fnlogin on this firewall here is my output
[rancid at pwcolorancid bin]$ /usr/local/rancid/bin/fnrancid -d pwcolofgt100c
executing fnlogin -t 90 -c"get system status;config global;show full-configuration" pwcolofgt100c
HIT COMMAND:FGT100C3G0860259~ # get system status
    In GetSystem: FGT100C3G0860259~ # get system status
HIT COMMAND:FGT100C3G0860259~ # config global
Vendor: FGT100C3G0860259~ # config global
HIT COMMAND:FGT100C3G0860259~ # config global
pwcolofgt100c: found unexpected command - "config global"
pwcolofgt100c: missed cmd(s): show full-configuration
pwcolofgt100c: missed cmd(s): show full-configuration
0: found end
pwcolofgt100c: End of run not found
pwcolofgt100c: End of run not found

any advice how to edit this to make it work?

The information contained in this email is confidential and may also contain privileged information. Sender does not waive confidentiality or legal
privilege. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail; you must not copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on the information contained within.
Internet communications are not secure or error free and the sender does not accept any liability for the content of the email. Although emails are
routinely screened for viruses, the sender does not accept responsibility for any damage caused. Replies to this email may be monitored.