[rancid] Re: Cisco ASA 8.2 software - changes....

Sam.Holley at gtri.gatech.edu Sam.Holley at gtri.gatech.edu
Fri May 29 12:11:47 UTC 2009

We to were having the same issue, we did the following to Rancid to keep it from reporting on the file every time it was updated. So far, working like a champ.

The correct part to edit is the ShowFlash function between ~lines 564 and 577.  I added one line under this one:

/\s+vlan\.dat$/ && next;

to look like this:

/\s+vlan\.dat$/ && next;

/.*coredumpinfo.*/ && next;

It now ignores any lines in the flash drive directory listing that contain "coredumpinfo".  The '.*' before and after are probably not necessary but it was added.

Sam