[rancid] Who made changes?

Paul Buts paul at paulbuts.nl
Tue Mar 31 17:16:43 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I installed Rancid in combination with FreeBSD CVSWeb on a Debian server.
Everything is working, great!

There is only one thing I want to know: is it possible to show who made the
changes in telnet? At this moment the webpage is telling me that the unix
user (who runned Rancid) has made the changes. For example, I have more
telnet accounts. One for Paul and one for Peter. If Paul made one change,
and Peter made two changes, I want that the webpage is telling me exactly
who made a change.

Any hints or keywords would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers,
Paul