[rancid] Re: cvs issues after migration

Wijnand Modderman WModderman at asp4all.nl
Thu Mar 5 11:53:05 UTC 2009

> > The versions in your CVS repository do not match those in the
> rancid/var/<GROUP>/configs/CVS directories.  If everything was setup
> properly in the migration, this can be fixed by go into each
> rancid/var/<GROUP>/configs directory and running 'cvs update' to bring
> those copies in line with the repository.
> >
> > See the rancid faq and/or the CVS documentation for further info.
>
> Right; my guess would be that rancid ran while he copied the CVS
> repository.

Indeed, after running "cvs update" on all groups and manually resolving the merge conflicts rancid is running again. Thanks for the quick replies, appreciated!

Regards,

Wijnand Modderman
Linux Engineer

General Caveat
"The information provided in this e-mail is forwarded through the
electronic medium Internet and may therefore be subject to unforeseen
manipulation or distortion by third parties. It should therefore not be
relied on. Before any action is taken or refrained from on basis of the
above information, the content should be verified. Please note that e-mail
traffic through the Internet does not guarantee confidentiality. Confidential
information should therefore not be provided to ASP4all through Internet e-mail.
ASP4all denies any responsibility for damages as a result of the use of e-mail
messages."