[rancid] Re: Foundry and SSH

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Mar 4 23:08:01 UTC 2009

Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 12:41:28PM -0500, Atif.SIDDIQUI at HydroOne.com:
> Hello,
>
> I have just set up rancid for the first time and I am having problems
> getting it to successfully pull configs from a Foundry device over SSH.
> This same device works properly over telnet but I get the following when
> switching to SSH.
>
> starting: Mon Jan 5 12:22:23 CST 2009
>

> Trying to get all of the configs.
> x.x.x.x: missed cmd(s): show chassis,show module,show flash,write term
> x.x.x.x: End of run not found
>
> Running bin/flogin x.x.x.x works just fine and I'm able to run commands,
> but when run from the script it simply doesn't work. The device is an
> MLX running 3.9.00a code.
>
> Any ideas?

Please try the patch below from Nick Buraglio; I do not understand why this
patch fixes the problem, but I haven't asked for debug output either.  so,
please send (to me, not the list) the output of
	flogin -d 'show version;show chassis;show module;show flash;\
		write term;show running-config' host > output

http://www.shrubbery.net/pipermail/rancid-discuss/2009-February/003734.html