[rancid] Re: Rancid 2.3.1 shows diff versions even when nothing has changed....hmm

john heasley heas at shrubbery.net
Wed Mar 4 22:57:12 UTC 2009

Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 09:33:19AM -0700, Travis Zadikem:
> I am running rancid 2.3.1 (new install) and if I do a rancid-run it works
> just fine, but if I run the same command a second time on it will show a
> version different on some of the switches even though no change has been
> done on the switch.  For this to be truly effective I was wondering what the
> fix is.  Here is a sample of what it shows.  It looks the problem is some
> sort of wrapping issue.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Please try the attached clogin patch.  One or two folks said that a version
of this fixes this problem for them.

If folks would confirm that it doesn't break SAN/PIX/ASA, catalysts, Cisco
Nexus, Redback and Juniper ERX...I'd feel far more comfortable with comitting
it.