[rancid] Re: launchd and rancid

Josh Rogers 2009 at tybox.net
Sun Jul 26 02:10:38 UTC 2009

So, when I run launchctl export as any user, I see the $HOME var set
correctly, but as root it ONLY includes $PATH.

This should be no big deal since I'm running the plist as www.

Here is the plist (I'm new to launchd, so this may be completely wrong).
its currently disabled because its not running correctly, but other than
that, can you see anything wrong with it that would cause my problem?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "
http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Disabled</key>
        <true/>
        <key>Label</key>
        <string>Rancid</string>
        <key>Nice</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
        <key>OnDemand</key>
        <false/>
        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
                <string>/bin/sh</string>
                <string>-c</string>
                <string>/opt/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-run</string>
                <string>-m</string>
                <string>user at domain.com</string>
        </array>
        <key>StartCalendarInterval</key>