[rancid] Re: force10 support

Sean Murphy smurphy at calarts.edu
Fri Nov 14 17:03:03 UTC 2008

Unfortunately not all Force10 Switches can be upgraded to FTOS from
SFTOS I checked with Force10 support and the switches that we have
running are S50 Originals.  I have included an email from Force10.  I
would hate to see support go for SFTOS as we rely heavily on RANCID as
part of our network equipment toolkit.  Unfortunately I don't have much
experience with programing but I do have the Force10 equipment and will
be able to test updates for the RANCID team if thats what you need.

Sean,

The switch in question over here is an S50-Classic, and I am afraid FTOS
is not supported on these switches.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Pranav