[rancid] Re: force10 support

Chris Bell CBell at thig.com
Fri Nov 14 01:35:01 UTC 2008

If it matters - we have been slowly upgrading our S50V switches from
SFTOS to FTOS.  We run them in stacks.  Running SFTOS, I cannot run
RANCID against them with all the bugs concerning SSH.  I despise TELNET,
but I guess that would be an option.

We have an E1200 at the core that has been RANCID friendly for several
years.  Upgrading the closet S50V's to also be RANCID friendly is worth
any headache it may cause in my book...

I can also say (for those who are interested) that we've had few
problems running the new 7.7.1.1 code on our S50V's than we have ever
had running SFTOS.