[rancid] Re: clogin error

Grace Ingabire gingabire at rwandatel.rw
Wed Nov 12 10:17:11 UTC 2008

Hi Steve,

I have done it as advised. In my /root/.clogin I have this syntax for all
our devices:

add user xxx  peter

add password xxx  password enable password

add method xxx {telnet}

Where are we supposed to add devices (routers) manually?

I have tried to test as rancid user and got this:

/usr/local/rancid/bin/clogin xxx

spawn telnet xxx

Trying xxx...

Connected to xxx (xxx).