[rancid] Email notifications

Steve Ousley steve at host-it.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 09:01:23 UTC 2008

Hi

We have just noticed that our rancid cron job was not running, and therefore
the devices were not being backed up.  Does anyone know of a way that you
could get this to email when rancid has run, wether it changed anything or
not, so that we at least get a notification that this has run.

Hopefully with this being the case, we should be able to notice if it's not
working again, and sort it a lot sooner than the month or so that it took to
notice it this time.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a way to get the cron job to mail a
successful/unsuccessful run of rancid-run, then this would also be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Ousley - SO620-RIPE

Nuco Technologies Ltd

 <mailto:steve at host-it.co.uk> steve at host-it.co.uk

 <http://www.nucotechnologies.com/> www.nucotechnologies.com

Tel. 0870 165 1300

Nuco Technologies Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 04470751