[rancid] Re: WAE devices

Joachim Jerberg Jensen joaje at dongenergy.dk
Fri Jan 4 15:16:00 UTC 2008

>From: Fox, Brad  ;Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 2:59 PM
>
>Gentlemen,
>
>Is anyone currently catching configurations for Cisco Wide Area Application Engine's? I attempted a while back but because the EOF for WAE boxes is different of that of other Cisco >devices I have since excluded them from Rancid. Thanks,
>

>From WAAS:
>
>exit
>
>! End of WAAS configuration

Try to edit rancid.

Go to line 1402

Replace:

With:
if (/^End of WAAS configuration/i) {

This should set $found_end = 1; when it detects " End of WAAS configuration".

It's a hack that means backup of some other cisco stuff will fail, but try to test it. (you can always add it)
I haven't tried it on WAE's, but I did something similar on some Extreme boxes to make it work.

BR
Joachim Jerberg Jensen