[rancid] Re: hlogin script to ProCurve 2650

Emmanuel Halbwachs Emmanuel.Halbwachs at obspm.fr
Thu Aug 7 12:47:58 UTC 2008

Steve Ousley a écrit (Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 01:33:00PM +0100) :
> > I'm using Debian etch's rancid
> >
> >   Paquet : rancid-core
> >   Version : 2.3.1-1

Oops, sorry, on this box it's still sarge (Debian oldstable). The
version for etch is :

$ aptitude show rancid-core
Paquet : rancid-core
[...]
Version : 2.3.1-4

Anyway, you're using shruberry's source.

> (I didn't realise it was in apt).

Yes, in the non-free section.

> The only difference I can see from your output to mine is that yours gives
> you the > prompt and then enables where the one I have here simply goes
> straight to the #prompt (enabled I assume).

My usage of rancid is very limited: I have an empty ~root/.cloginrc,
thus no configuration. I only use the command-line options and use
{c,h}login in shell loops.

My advice would be first to restart from scratch : install Debian's
plain rancid on an etch box, apply the patch and then test hlogin
with an empty .cloginrc.

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs
Resp. Réseau/Sécurité                    Observatoire de Paris-Meudon