[rancid] Re: hlogin script to ProCurve 2650

Steve Ousley steve at host-it.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 12:33:00 UTC 2008

Hi Emmanuel

I am using the source from rancid's site, however this is hosted on Debian
Etch (I didn't realise it was in apt).

I have tried running hlogin with the command you pasted below (with the
passwords changed for the right ones) and I simply get an error:
-bash: <password>: event not found

I have also tried without the either the -v and -e parts, and also with both
of these removed, but with the -c "sh run", and it logs into the switch no
problems, however it still fails to do anything once it has logged in.

The only difference I can see from your output to mine is that yours gives
you the > prompt and then enables where the one I have here simply goes
straight to the #prompt (enabled I assume).

I have also tried this with -noenable and -autoenable, but with the same
result.

Regards

Steve Ousley - SO620-RIPE
Nuco Technologies Ltd
steve at host-it.co.uk
www.nucotechnologies.com
Tel. 0870 165 1300

Nuco Technologies Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with company number 04470751